- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, the sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the beer and honey and stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan and drizzle the melted butter evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 50-60 mins. until the loaf is golden brown and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool several minutes before slicing. Leftovers should be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
I would recommend using your favorite ale or lager-style beer for this recipe. Use one you enjoy drinking, as some of the flavor does come through in the bread. My favorite beer for this bread is Dos Equis.